Find out more about our talented team
We are hiring…
We are looking for a self-starting Sub-Editor with experience in print subbing and content management for the web and social media to join our expanding team.
You will be working as part of a small, friendly and closely knit team subbing news and technical, clinical features for our print and web portfolio.
You should have some experience across both print and digital outputs, and a willingness to get to grips with complex material.
We regret we are unable to acknowledge applications. If you have not heard from us within a month of the closing date, then you have been unsuccessful in achieving an interview.
Send your applications, including CV, to Sara Frost, Chief Sub-Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 16 March 2020.
Reporting to: Chief Sub-Editor
Relevant publications: vettimes.co.uk, Veterinary Times, Veterinary Times Livestock, Veterinary Times Equine, VN Times, VBJ and Congress Times.
Software familiarity required: Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
- Sub-editing news and feature articles for length, clarity, interest, spelling and grammar, in accordance with the company style guide, veterinary dictionaries and relevant reference resources for use on websites and print.
- Repurposing and editing news and features content daily or as required for use on websites.
- Designing and laying out pages to the templated style for print publications. Subbing editorial print pages and, when required, advertising material or other editorial on paper (using established proof-reading symbols).
- Uploading editorial material to the websites using our content management system.
- Proofing articles and making corrections.
- Sourcing images from photo libraries as required.
- Contacting authors regarding queries relating to their articles.
- Processing images for repro using Photoshop – including, but not limited to, colour correction and cut-outs.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure efficient, high-quality workflow, and progression of news and features through the editorial department to pre-press and on to websites.
- Maintaining company’s presence on Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Processing pages for repro.
- Attendance at congresses, press conferences and events in the UK and abroad if required.
Key administration tasks:
- Answering any incoming editorial queries, both by phone and email, as necessary, for colleagues.
- Any additional administrative duties as directed to ensure efficient delivery of the publications.
Involvement, on a bi-weekly basis, in some office administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, internal post delivery.
Meet the team
- Brand Services
- Recruitment services