- What’s in it for your customer? Focus your message on the benefits to the customer rather than the features of your product
- Give a clear call to action that makes it easy for your recipient to respond
- Create impact, interest and memorability – make it eye-catching, but keep the copy concise and easy to read
- Personalise where possible and ensure that the content and tone of your communication is specific and relevant to your target audience
- Consider using a tracking code or other means of monitoring the response
- To maximise response, integrate your mailer with other marketing efforts such as advertisements or events – ensure consistency between the different platforms
- Don’t forget to ensure all necessary details are included – and are correct!
A direct mailing can include anything you want – it is your mailing after all – but the content depends on your aims: are you seeking a specific response? To increase brand awareness or loyalty? Or to enhance your customers’ understanding or retention of information? Some things to consider: